Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Something Dressy and Printed

 It would be too hard for me to maintain two blogs at a time - one for travel and restaurant/food topics and the other for fashion. I've tried Tumblr and Chictopia (a fashion blog) but I did not manage to maintain them. So here I am now at Blogger.
 So this is my own version of LOOKBOOK page. Lookbook is a website where you can find fashion inspiration from people all over the world. Chictopia has also the same concept where you can post your picture wearing your most fashionable outfit. By opening this link, you can have a glimpse of my Chictopia account that sadly, I did not manage to maintain: http://www.chictopia.com/france_lady29 .

(Cha-cha's dress from Dubai, Bracelet bought from Palawan, Fossil watch, and So F.A.B heels)

I might actually get reprimanded by what I'm wearing on this picture if seen by any HR personnel, but of course I was smart enough to brought my trench coat that day. :-)

I really love dressing up! And what I'll be wearing will always depend on my mood. I have no particular style or fashion icon that I follow. Most of my clothes are "padala" from my mom in Dubai or hand-me-downs from her and from her bosses there (Usually, clothes from her bosses would be either used once or twice or newly bought but did not want to use. Yeah, they are that rich! Haha! :P).  I only buy my own clothes twice or thrice a year. I always wait for Mango’s 70% sale during Christmas season and sometime in mid-year. You can also find good finds at Uniqlo. They have always this on-sale going on for some of their apparels whole year round. For branded but cheap finds, you guys might want to visit Surplus available in SM malls. I think clothes there are overruns or those that did not pass the brand’s quality control.  Hey, where can you find Zara, Topshop, H&M, or Mango clothes for P500.00 or even below?

Branded or not, in the fashion world, it does not matter. It’s not about what you wear but how you carry yourself with it. It’s your own unique style and your peculiar personality that will always make you stand out from the crowd. To quote:

“Fashions fade, style is eternal.”
-Yves Saint Laurent



So don’t be afraid to dress up and show who you are guys! Enjoy dressing up!




And oh, did I ever mention I am a frustrated fashion model and a fashion stylist?! Harhar…

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi there! Thank you! And many thanks for dropping by! Following you now! Hope you can follow me too... :)

      Delete